Top 10 Educational Learnings from Nexus
1. It is expected that there will be 98 patent expirations between now and 2025, leading to significant opportunities for biosimilars.
2. 95% of rare diseases do not currently have an FDA-approved treatment
3. Digital therapeutics are estimated to become a $56B global market by 2025.
4. Mean orphan drug annual cost per patient in the U.S. is almost 4.5 times greater than non-orphan drug cost.
5. Inflammatory conditions are the leading therapy class based on PMPY spend at $241.
6. 54-74 gene therapies are projected to be approved for the US market by 2030.
7. The 2021 Medicare Part D enrollment was concentrated in 3 national firms, accounting for 56% of total enrollment.
8. Currently, biosimilars have, on average, a 30% lower ASP than their respective reference biologic.
9. There are 4 billion total prescriptions each year in the U.S., with 720 million of them impacted by genetics.
10. The estimated impact of non-optimized medication therapy on U.S. annual health care spend is $528B.